a little bit about us
Our focus is on local European wines and the shortest journey possible. All our wines come from small to medium sized, independent, family run producers along with a handful of forward thinking wine co-ops.
The sourcing and selection of our wines is painstaking. There is a strong focus on environmentally friendly production – organic, biodynamic and/or sustainably produced wines with low-intervention viticulture and winemaking. Here at Honest2Goodness we love an underdog so we like working with producers who champion and nurture local and rare grape varieties, have interesting backstories and provide gender balance in their winemaking teams.
However, most important of all – our wines are great value (not low cost) and incredibly drinkable. The wines are consistently good and offer consistently good value and quality. Value and quality that few Irish importers can match. And 95% of the wines are exclusively imported by H2G.
Bland, mediocre wines do not feature in the H2G portfolio and every wine encapsulates where it comes from – they have a true sense of place. The range is constantly evolving to reflect emerging grape varieties and new interesting regions.
What exactly makes our wines so good?
Well, we go out of our way to look for wines and wine makers that demonstrate:
- A commitment to environmentally friendly and sustainable practices such as organic & biodynamic production (or are in conversion to), HVE, Terra Vitis or SQNPI.
- Pure grape growing & wine making – some people say natural but we prefer to say low-intervention.
- Diversity of region and grape variety.
- Promotion of indigenous and rare grape varieties.
- Character and back-stories – people rooted in their local community.
- Promotion and recognition of female wine makers or female owners.
- Most importantly – the wines must demonstrate value and drinkability at every price point. We constantly ask ourselves – “Would I bring it home and drink it myself?”